top of page
  • Writer's pictureLitzy Gonzalez

Meeting Minutes - 8/3/2023

Minutes from the general meeting held on August 3rd 2023

DVTI Meeting

August 3, 2023

  • There was a unanimous vote to approve the prior minutes with the correction made.

  • Public Comment: None

  • September Meeting: It was proposed that the September 7 meeting be in person at the Calicraft Brewing Company.

  • DVTI Conference 2023:

    • Subcommittee (

      • John Matthesen / Alex Greenwood – DVTI

      • Teddy Swain – Tri Commercial

      • Michael Nathan – Meritage Group

      • Beth Arman – DVC

    • Date: Thursday, September 21 st , 2023

    • Venue: Diablo Room

    • Conference Status:

-Key Areas:

  • Agenda (topics): Based on Speakers

  • Marketing: Webpage registration / payment / Social / Email

  • Facilities: Audio / Video – John is following up with facilities and A/V. Please let us know if you can help.

  • Speakers: Tesla / Biotech Panel; looking for a Tesla speaker. Need another businessperson in biotech or advanced manufacturing, preferably located here speaker – a

  • Sponsors: Need more sponsors. Ed’s team is helping. We currently have the Walnut Creek Chamber Foundation and a couple others confirmed but are looking for more. May reach out to last year’s sponsors. Bob will look into a possible lunch sponsor.

  • Swag: Jim Blair will plan to order swag ahead of time. Will meet with Jags to discuss.

  • Agenda:

  • Alex will recruit Cooper Surgical, a medical device company, to profile in Panel #1. John thought they could also be part of Panel #2 as related to biotech. Marie will help Alex connect with Buildings IOT in Concord. They might be good for Panel #1 (advanced manufacturing and applied engineering).

  • Panel #3 would be best as breakout session, so people are not sitting still all day. The breakout session was very popular last year. John would like to have the interactive session as early in the day as possible.

  • Beth suggested having three panels first, followed by an interactive breakout session so people can choose to discuss the topic they were most interested in.

  • Alex agreed that having the table talk where Panel #3 is now would be better. We will need good, advanced preparation and trained facilitators for the tables like last year. Alex volunteered to be a facilitator. We will need five or six. To volunteer, please email Jags.

  • Jags feels it’s important to have a table talk panel about what kind of data elements are important. The morning should be Economic Development, Opportunities and then “How can we Adapt?” The afternoon portion could be a table talk on the importance of data, then Education for Future.

  • We still have flexibility with fine tuning the agenda, so please message John, Jags or Alex with any feedback.

  • We are almost ready to launch the registration/information page on the website. There will be videos from last year’s conference, the agenda, and a list of the speakers with photos and bios. Wherever there is a gap, “TBD” will be added.

  • Beth is recruiting volunteers for the day of conference to welcome people and check them in.

  • Unfortunately, President Lamb will be away at an accreditation visit, so she won’t be part of the conference, but one of the VP’s will emcee – either all or part of the day.

  • For the Education panel, Beth is considering adding Steven or Patience from The East Bay Economic Development Alliance as a moderator. She will also reach out to the new hire at CSU East Bay, Concord campus.

  • Keynote Speakers:

o Jim Wunderman, CEO at Bay Area Council

o Michelle Littlefield, Chief Data Officer for the City and County of San Francisco

o Ken Carlson, County Supervisor, will do the opening greeting.

Adjourned: 3:45 pm

41 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page